Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Frequently Commented Statements

When I inquire people about possibly hosting parties, there few statements that are often said by them (a.k.a. excuses...haha!). I've never hosted any parties for independent distributors like myself because even though I've wanted to, there was always this fear about hosting - that no one will show up! But now that I'm on the other side, I want to tell you all, my dear future hostesses...FEAR NOT!

So here are some frequently commented statements and my thoughts on them:

1. I don't have that many friends. Don't worry about the number of people. Just invite everyone you know because the worst thing that they can say is no and that is okay! All we need is you and 2 other people to make  a party. I know that any type of rejection is hard to accept but this is not a popularity contest. I won't judge you. They say that to get about 10 people at the party, you would need to invite about 40 people. So basically 1 out of 4 people invited will come to your party. Invite everyone on your email, facebook, twitter, and/or any other social media.Who knows, this might help you reconnect with a friend you haven't seen in a while.

2. My place is too small. Most likely, all 100 people you've invited will not show up. Also, I bet you not all of them will come at the same time. There are always someone that shows up fashionably late, some that leave early, or that one person who doesn't show up after all. And if all 100 people on the list show up, then we will do what we have to do to make the party fun.

3. My house is not clean. Well, maybe it's time to clean then. =)

I will update this list throughout my experience. I hope the few mentioned above help you ease your mind about possibly hosting a party. I definitely have 3 parties booked for January/February, I need 6 more to meet my goal #1...I have several pending. Did I tell you that Premier Designs Jewelry show could help you raise funds for your favorite non profit? If you or your friend(s) are looking for fundraising ideas for a charity, please send them my way. Thanks! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment